FOUNDATION WEEK 1 (6 days)
• Health & Safety induction
• Kit break down
• The study of face shape and bone structure with practical application.
• Application and blending techniques for high definition media.
• Highlighting Fashion, Beauty & Catwalk
• Working within the fashion industry
• Safe Beauty application and guidelines
• Professional etiquette and assisting key artist guidelines
• Facial geometry and correcting asymmetric features
• Colour wheel theory and processing
• Understanding warm, cool and neutral skin tones
• Selecting, custom blending and applying foundation mediums
• Mastering the art of product layering for pigmentation correction, concealing and camouflage
• Beauty basing the facial canvas for camera work
• Creating and blending smokey eyes and perfecting lashes
• Precision linear work and obtaining symmetry using mixing mediums and liners
• Cheek architecture, strobing, contouring and hi beaming
• Brow shaping, building and correction
• False lash application, measuring, trimming and applying
CREATIVE THINKING – ADVANCED WEEK 2 (6 days)
• Lip techniques, tone correction, proportion correcting, blocking, erasing and building
• Ethnic beauty application and mixing warm and amber tones to counteract ashen palettes
• Avant garde methods in art and texture for catwalk and fashion editorial, exploring and developing your creative boundaries
• Stencilling and applying appliqué for catwalk
• Art pop retrospective fashion culture techniques
• Neon colour blocking and feature popping
• Glitter building effects for fashion editorials
• Black & white photography makeup, understanding the effect of monochromatic single tone hues on camera
• Preparing mood boards for photo shoots and catwalk shows, following given design brief and executing final makeup design Building a professional fashion trends makeup kit and in depth product knowledge breakdown
• Getting started in the Industry, insider knowledge on building your career, Industry marketing tools for self promotion and portfolio building
• Final Take – Designing and delivering your makeup vision and design concept
• Portfolio shoot, in studio.
Tools of the trade
When you begin your course we provide you with a professional make-up & hair kit free of charge worth more than £500. The 2 week fashion course kit features products from a range of professional make-up and high street brands, ensuring you start your career as a professional make-up artist with confidence, enabling you to start working immediately in this exciting industry.
You will graduate with:
Industry recognised certificate, portfolio, NASMAH membership form, Make-Up & Hair Kit.
COURSE DATES TO BE PUBLISHED SOON. Please enquire at HELLO@THEMAKEUPARTISTACADEMY.CO.UK.